Sunday 18 November 2012

Stillness - #04


When my running partner and good friend, Mel took this picture of me after one of our trail runs - I knew I would be using it in #Project 40.  I give her all the credit for this shot because it is not only a great shot but it captures so much of what all us slightly maturing woman are looking for.  Tranquility and calm in the crazy schedules of motherhood, school runs and work - is just a little... { stillness}.

We are not only living in the information age but we are living in the electronic age and we seldom switch off.  seldom stop.  seldom be still.  I am a bit of a gadget junkie, so it was a purposeful decision I took this year to switch off.  To quieten down the noise a bit.  I needed to reconnect with myself again.

It's in the stillness of these stolen moments, when we are out trail running, hiking or surfing that I found my quiet.  my calm.  my still.

4 comments:

  1. Wow, love your project 40! I will be 40 in 5 years and hope to have peace and beauty in my heart to embrace it like you do. And even paint about it. You travel and beautiful journey. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. wow thank you Annie - those are such lovely words. I need to carry on with my journey here. I had to put it on hold a bit but I think I am almost ready to carry on. You will be amazing when you turn 40 - and I'm sure you will have much to paint about!!!! Can't wait to see!

      Delete
  2. <3 this post. It really expresses much of what I feel about my own life. I find that I am constantly "plugged in" and downtime is absolutely crucial for inner peace. I hope to be in that peaceful place full-time in ~3 years.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you find your peaceful place soon.... <3

      Delete