Monday 7 October 2013

Overwhelmed - #08


I'm getting into a regular routine of getting my SelfPortrait done on a Sunday and I found this week I was thinking ahead and planning it beforehand!  Which was rather exciting for me.I actually planned to do {water} this week but with it being so cold and me a bit sick I opted against it.  But even so... I still managed to get a picture for exactly how I was feeling today...

~ {overwhelmed} ~

We are house hunting.  Change is never comfortable and right now I'm seriously uncomfortable!  We have been living in limbo for 6 years.  There is something in all of us that is just so desperate to settle and set up house or is it put down roots!  But with that, right now because of where we are at - takes planning.  Seriously so!  The girls have about 6 years left of school (you know, like those 6 limbo years that have just flashed by).  And for the first time as we are slowly etching towards 50, we are asking "what are we planning for and what is our future once the girls are out of school"....  

Which leads me right down the path to {overwhelmed}.

I want to make the right decisions for the now and that have a lasting result on that future.  What these past 6 years have showed me, that when we make one decision...
It can sometimes take 6 years to unravel them.  What I do love about this picture is I'm kind of hiding behind the big dark glasses...  but also they have the reflection of the horizon on them.  Almost like what is next on our horizon and future!
Trying to look ahead...

But I'm finding it tricksy to move from small picture to big picture!  I want to cover all my bases this time.  Its causing us to ask some big questions about what we want going forward.

hmmm a tad bit {overwhelming}, I'd say!

No comments:

Post a Comment