Monday 14 October 2013

Shadows - #10


~ {Shadows} ~

I love this prompt and I wanted to find the right #selfportrait to capture the feelings I have around it. I have worked with this image for 2 weeks! I hope it does this prompt justice.  To me the {shadows} are kind of mysterious and maybe even a little eerie... filled with a little secrecy!  Maybe the rebel in me likes that a bit... but generally...
I am not a huge fan of secrecy because {truth - #06} is so important to me.
But I think if we were truly honest with ourselves... we all have our {shadows} that we hide behind.

Where our secret dreams, thoughts and desires, even fears lurk
in the {shadows} of our minds, eyes and heart.
Sometimes it isn't that we are purposefully trying to hide them there
as much as protect them... because timing is everything!

I know for myself, when I find the courage, I shed bits of light on them and when it's safe,
they come out of the {shadows} to be exposed, examined and entertained!
But completely on my terms!
I can't reveal them at the wrong time, in case they get trampled on!
Like my dreams and delicate ideas and new projects that I'm too afraid to share out loud.

It can be such a private journey!  And it's our journey!
And truth be told - sometimes I think some things need to stay in the {shadows}.
Purely because that's where they belong, not because they are malevolent but simply because...

They are just private!

No comments:

Post a Comment