Tuesday 13 May 2014

#Abandon - #18

This title is supposed to be "Wild {Abandon}"
But I don't think I can use that - because I don't think there is anything wild about me.  And {abandon}ment especially wild {abandon}ment is not easy for me.  I wish I was more free to express myself with wild {abandon}.  I'm not sure exactly when control became so part of my dna or character.  Maybe I will never have the answers.  Every now and again - my girls help me loose my inhibitions and {abandon} my control to be free... free to dance, free to sing with them, free to be a goof ball and to laugh a lot, especial at myself.

I find each time I do - it loosens something inside of me.  Deep inside.  And the best part of it - is what it releases in them.  Sometimes to me that's the most beautiful gift of all.  I'm hoping as a learn to trust the {abandonment} and what comes out of it, that a greater level of {abandonment} will come through my creativity and my art... As I learn to let go... of the control,  the perfectionism and learn to let go of the fear!

To rest in the knowledge that there is a deeper beauty in the freedom of {abandonment}and there is a deeper beauty in the outcome too!

Mystery is at the heart of creativity.   That, and surprise! - Julia Cameron

Perfectionism isn't a quest for the best.
It is a pursuit for the worst in ourselves,
the part that tells us that nothing we will ever do will be good enough."
- Julia Cameron

No comments:

Post a Comment